NOTRE DAME CAFETERIA
Welcome to the Notre Dame Cafeteria. Here are a few FAQs.
1. When is the cafeteria open for business?
- Hours are generally 6:45 am to 4:00 pm. If business is slow on a Gold Day, the cafeteria may close a little earlier.
2. What is a pre-paid lunch account?
- Every student has a lunch account. It’s up to each family to activate their account. A deposit is made into a student’s account and as they make purchases in the cafeteria, the amount of their purchase is deducted from the account balance.
3. How is a lunch account activated?
- A deposit must be made into the student account. This can be made in cash, a check (made payable to Hanna-Que, Inc.), or a credit card presented in person.
4. How do I use a credit card?
- We accept Master Card and Visa. Credit cards can be used in person in the cafeteria (minimum $25 deposit), or deposits can be made online at www.EZSchoolPay.com. Credit cards are not accepted for individual purchases.
5. How does my student utilize his/her account?
- Each student must come into the cafeteria and have their fingerprint entered into the system. This can be done anytime, with or without a balance in their account.
6. Is there a risk associated with having a fingerprint on file in a computer?
- Be assured that no one is able to access your student’s fingerprint. Several key ID points are saved from the fingerprint and the original fingerprint is deleted from the system.
7. If I forget and write a cafeteria check to NDHS, will the cafeteria accept it?
- Unfortunately, our bank frowns on changing the payee on a personal check. If your student brings in a check written to NDHS, it will be returned and another check will need to be submitted. Again, make checks payable to “Hanna-Que, Inc.”
8. How will I know if my student’s account is getting low?
- There are two ways to find out if your student account is getting low. As the students are using their account and their balance is $10 or less, a cashier will let them know that their account is low. If you have an account with EZSchoolPay, you can check your balance, set up email alerts and a see purchase history at any time. You do not have to use this online access to make deposits. You can sign up for an account and simply use it to monitor your lunch account.