Notre Dame High School Integral Student Outcomes
Notre Dame High School students are educated in heart and mind according to the charism of the Congregation of Holy Cross, and based on the vision of founder Blessed Father Basil Moreau, CSC:
"We can state … the kind of teaching we wish to impart. We do not want our students to be ignorant of anything they should know. To this end, we shall avoid no sacrifice. We shall always place education side by side with instruction; the mind will not be cultivated at the expense of the heart. While we prepare useful citizens for society, we shall likewise do our utmost to prepare citizens for eternal life"
From “Ideals of Education”, Circular Letter 36 – 1849
Educated in the values of the HEART, a Notre Dame High School graduate is a person of integrity who:
- Understands and values the Catholic faith, while still respecting people of other religions, traditions, and cultures as sisters and brothers in the human family.
- Develops a foundation for a life-long relationship with God as evidenced by prayer, active service, a commitment to social justice, and participation in faith-based activities.
- Values life as sacred, understanding that human dignity is the foundation of the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, and puts those teachings into practice by making moral and ethical decisions rooted in Gospel values.
- Demonstrates a commitment to developing mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness in self and others.
- Acts as a responsible steward of the environment and an involved citizen in the community.
Educated in the values of the MIND, a Notre Dame High School graduate is a person of intellect who:
- Completes a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, not only for university admission but also to spark a zeal for life-long learning.
- Is knowledgeable and ethical.
- Utilizes technological innovations effectively and responsibly.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates in a variety of educational, professional, and personal settings.
- Thinks critically and creatively, and possesses the organizational skills necessary to solve problems and achieve goals.