Girl's Basketball News
On Wednesday November 23rd, the Girl’s Basketball Program held their annual Alumni Game in the Notre Dame Gym. A wide range of alums attended, ranging from Kyra Kirby ’94 to Julia Scorupco ’16. It was competitive game that the Alumni was able to pull out a win, due, in part, to the strong play Liza Avancena ’09 and Courtney Vendetti ’11, both former assistant coaches in the program. A great time was had by all.
The Girl’s Basketball Program at Notre Dame is a program built on Family. In line with the mission of the school, the basketball program will provide an enjoyable, moral, and positive team experience for all student athletics.
The basketball program strives to achieve the following goals:
- To establish an environment where the student athletes can enjoy the game of basketball. (Fun)
- To encourage the moral development of the student athletes through honesty, integrity, and a learned respect for each other, their opponents, and all authority figures. (Moral Development)
- To teach the game of basketball in a positive, encouraging manner. (Positive)
- To create and maintain a team understanding for the players in the program. (Team)
- To maximize the potential of each team through a commitment to excellence, sacrifice, and striving for goals. (Hard Work)
2015-2016 Varsity Team
Register now for the Basketball Academy for Girls!
The Basketball Academy is designed to help develop fundamental skills for youth basketball players in a positive, fun atmosphere.
The Coaching staff, made up of High School Coaches & former Players, will work to develop the players in a variety of skills over five sessions.
Where: Notre Dame High School Gym
Click here to download a copy of the flyer.
Date: Saturdays on April 2, 16, 23, 30 and May 7
Time: 9:00 am to 11:00 a.m.
Cost: $100 covers all five sessions and a camp shirt
For more information and to register online, click here.
To register and pay by cash or check, click here.