30 hours of service helping out at a non-profit organization within the community or returning to any service organization the student has found in the past three years.
1st Semester: December 2, 2019
2nd Semester: April 24, 2020
“With eyes of faith, consider the greatness of your mission and the wonderful amount of good which you can accomplish.” – Blessed Fr. Basil Moreau
The Christian Service program at Notre Dame High School flows directly from “The Mission” of our school and the Integral Student Outcomes. We are here to educate the hearts and minds of our students and to do as Jesus taught as described by Fr. Basil Moreau and the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Overview of Senior Service Requirements
- Required hours:
- 30 hours of service helping out at a non-profit organization within the community or going back to any service connection/passion found in the past three years.
- All senior service projects must be approved by the Christian Service Coordinator and will be verified by contacting the supervisor listed under each student’s submission.
- To be eligible for any type of Christian Service Award, a student must be in the top ten in terms of total hours within his/her class and must exemplify extraordinary service toward others.
- Students are required to submit their service hours into the online service verification system (x2VOL). See “x2VOL Directions” under the "Christian Service" tab on school website; within the "Faith and Service" tab.
- Parents are not allowed to verify their student’s service hours.
- Monthly group service events coordinated by Ms. Murphy will count toward service hours for all grade levels.
- "Senior Privileges" will not be granted until freshmen, sophomore, and junior service hours are completed.
- Completing all hours within the Christian Service program is a graduation requirement. Transcripts will not indicate that a student has graduated until requirements are met and no diploma will be awarded.
- For any questions, service ideas, and/or confirmation on a project, please email Ms. Murphy at email@example.com, or come by the Christian Service office.