30 hours of service helping the poor, elderly or individuals with special needs or through Immersion. You may also serve at other non-profit organizations.
1st Semester: December 2, 2019
2nd Semester: April 24, 2020
“Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words.” – St. Francis of Assisi
The Christian Service program at Notre Dame High School flows directly from “The Mission” of our school and the Integral Student Outcomes. We are here to educate the hearts and minds of our students and to do as Jesus taught as described by Fr. Basil Moreau and the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Overview of Junior Service Requirements
- Required hours:
- 30 hours of service helping the elderly, poor, individuals with special needs, or by attending the Immersion retreat. Students may also volunteer at a non-profit organization within the community.
- Examples of service for Junior year:
- Volunteering at the Special Olympics
- Socializing with the elderly at a convalescent home
- Serving food to the homeless
- Students may apply with Ms. Murphy to participate in the LA Immersion Retreat Experience to satisfy their junior year Christian Service requirement.
- Students are required to submit their service hours into the online service verification system (x2VOL). See "x2VOL Directions" under the "Christian Service" tab on school website; within the "Faith and Service" tab.
- To be eligible for the Christian Service Award, students must volunteer within the designated area of service for each grade level.
- Parents are not allowed to verify their student’s service hours.
- Monthly group service events coordinated by Ms. Murphy will count toward service hours for all grade levels.
- Completing service hours is a graduation requirement. Students will not officially graduate until this requirement is fulfilled.
- For any questions, service ideas, and/or confirmation on a project, please email Ms. Murphy at email@example.com, or come by the Christian Service office.