20 hours of service at Notre Dame or former grade/junior high school or at other non-profit organizations.
1st Semester: December 2, 2019
2nd Semester: April 24, 2020
“Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.” – Matthew 25:40
The Christian Service program at Notre Dame High School flows directly from “The Mission” of our school and the Integral Student Outcomes. We are here to educate the hearts and minds of our students and to do as Jesus taught as described by Fr. Basil Moreau and the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Overview of Freshmen Service Requirements
- Required hours:
- 20 hours of service at Notre Dame, former grade school/junior high school, or at a non-profit organization within the community.
- Examples of service for Freshmen include:
- Volunteering at a Notre Dame event/game/club; helping teachers
- Tutoring/helping out at a former grade school/junior high school
- Volunteering at a non-profit organization within the community
- Students are required to submit their service hours into the online service verification system (x2VOL). See “x2VOL Directions” under the "Christian Service" tab on school website; within "Faith and Service" tab
- This information will also be on Canvas and emailed to students.
- To be eligible for the Christian Service Award, students must volunteer within the designated area of service for each grade level.
- Freshmen may not begin to fulfill service hour requirements prior to starting school at Notre Dame.
- Parents are not allowed to verify their student’s service hours.
- Monthly group service events coordinated by Ms. Murphy will count toward service hours for all grade levels and info about these events will be emailed to students directly.
- Completing service hours is a graduation requirement. Students will not officially graduate until this requirement is fulfilled.
- For any questions regarding x2VOL, service ideas, and/or confirmation on a project, please email Ms. Murphy at email@example.com, or come by the Christian Service office.